Eco Lifestyle And Home – January 2014 Introduction Letter Renewal
Dear Friends, Clients, Business Associates and Neighbors,
January is the time for our own personal renewal. Personal growth and renewal can come from examining who you are and what you value. When do you feel most yourself? What do you do that gives you the most joy? Renewal requires opening yourself up to new ways of thinking and feeling.
What gives you meaning in life? How do you define yourself and your role? Are you living the life you’d like? What are your dreams? What are your short and long term goals and how do you plan to achieve them?
- Be spontaneous and try something different. This opportunity to pause and rejuvenate may consist of a night camping or a stay at a local B & B, a trip to a museum, a day playing tourist, taking a course, or a long bike ride, hike, a picnic or just time off in your own quiet space.
- Turn off technology for your renewal day. You can control your devices rather than having them control you.
- Don’t make yourself promises that you don’t passionately want to keep. Separate your goals into “have to’s” and “want to’s” and then prioritize things to ensure a healthy balance between self-nurturing activities, family, work and leisure.
- Let go of perfectionism and acknowledge that you can’t be or do everything for everyone. Put on your own oxygen mask first and make sure your own needs are being met before you try and help others. Let others know what you need. They cannot read your mind. Time, energy, money and ability can either enable or prevent you from reaching your goals and being happy.
- Listen to both your body and your mind. Get enough sleep, eat properly and take care of your basic needs. Life looks much better when you do.
- Take time to be your own best friend.
- Simplify and de-clutter your personal and professional life. You will feel lighter and better about yourself.
- If you tend to procrastinate, focus on getting started and not on finishing a task. In life it is the journey and not the destination that is often important.
- Vary your activities to avoid boredom and resentment.
- Volunteer. Do something for someone else and you will inadvertently benefit.
- Be positive. See problems as challenges.
- Find ways to be grateful and appreciative.
- Take time to pray, meditate and enjoy life. Take the time to smell the roses and make every minute count.
Eco Lifestyle and Home News comes to you in its third edition of our Newsletter. The creators of this newsletter are Dianne McKenzie & Cecilie Bodman, real estate associate brokers for Equity New Mexico. We decided to produce a conscious newsletter that has information about some real estate but more about living, playing & working. We also wanted to include our professional friends’ expertise as it relates to home, health, well-being, & lifestyle.
Please introduce us to your friends and family for their real estate needs, whether they are considering buying a home or thinking about getting their home sold this year. Many thanks.
With a renewed commitment to serving your needs in 2014,
Dianne McKenzie, Cecilie Bodman & Aeowyn